"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, July 23, 2006


Madonna is in town for two concerts this weekend and so is her legion of fans. They had packed every bar and club in town on Friday and brought the special touch of their manic bahavior. They are, of course, here to see the Head Goddess of their religion, so they must be excused of compulsive and convulsive actions; it is fun for everyone. This was a gaggle of power lesbians from Texas.and their boy toys. Inside, a brash group of Madonna twinks was seeing who could out-Vougue the other. I felt weak still from this cold and slipped out a side door before one more customer asked me WHY I wasn't going to the concert.

I sense a long battle with forces of evil at The House of Frankenstein coming. I spent most of June wandering it's rancid halls and feigning interest in the stories of low-level hacks while trying to get permits approved. I had to stand behind this ghoulish creature on Wednesday as she sought a permit of open a bar or a funeral parlor; I can't recall which. (I think the full horror can be had by clicking on it.)

4 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis!!!

It has been farrrrrrrrrrr too long! I am sorry that I haven't been around, but I just got back from my Puerto Rican/Boston adventure (that is some combo of locales, huh? ;) I am so so sorry to hear that you got sick. I also had some horrible cold before I went away where I was coughing up a storm and had all this puss coming out of my eye sockets (I swear I didn't sleep with anyone!) :) I don't know what is up with these colds going around this time of year, hmph! Anyway, I am sorry you have been feeling ill and hope you get better soon.

Brian, The Countess, our other guests, and myself all raised our glasses in toast to you last week. So know that we are all thinking about you. I have to agree with the twinky boys and the power lesbians that Madonna was AMAZING, but your health is the first and foremost priority right now. Miss you tons and hope to see you very soon!!!

Love Always,
Jesse

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

OMG!

I just read about you being one of the most "Fabulous Things in South Beach" by The Wire. CONGRATS!!! :) We have all known this for some time. However, The Wire needs to fire their fact-checker: you are not the #2 most fabulous thing, you will always be #1 to us!!! :)

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, Jesse; the cold is almost gone, but the horrors of City Hall will always be there.

Oh please; I am about as hip as The Knickerbocker Bank president, Dwight Babcock from "Auntie Mame"

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Mrs. A---You ARE Auntie Mame!!! No one is more HIP! And pay no mind to Jesse's blog about my Northeastern Court.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home