"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, August 28, 2006

At 1PM today all four major stations switch to Panic Mode, a non-stop weather report of the feelings and notions of all the gay meteorologists (has anyone ever figured out why so many of them are gay?), There was no panic today and, if you could watch all four stations at once, it was laughable to see the different projections and cones.

But nothing beats Fox's channel seven (it's gay-owned and staffed so we forgive it). There, below the scary predictions, ran a news wire reporting school closings, gas lines, the usual nonsense when this private ad streamed along: "Depressed? Hearing voices? Crying uncontrollably? Call the Seder Institute today." Then, more evacuation planning, assurances.... I heard voices right there, and they told me The Seder Institute is one smart cookie and probably filled with more quacks than a foie gras farm.

No panic, just one big party coming up. All I want to know is will the airport will be open by Thursday and if the storm plans to follow me up the coast to Newport.

5 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

No excuses, Mrs. A. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will be sunny with temperatures around 70 degrees in Newport. Perfect polo weather. Bring your best hat!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

And I thought Boston had the market on gay weathermen. What gives? It must be in the air.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

take care, love.

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

The gay weatherman phenom has always amazed me, I understand gay psycologists...

Take care! Something tells me hoop skirts will be out of the question soon. Say hello to Auntie Em!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

We have gay weathermen in New York here, too! Sam Champion is the most overtly gay weatherman of all, I think. As far as South Florida - I know he has a young son, but is weatherman Lonnie Quinn of NBC6 not the *gayest* of gay men, ever? He annoyed the hell out of me every morning on "South Florida Today" with his ADD and spastic motions, and yet, I think I fell in love with him a little bit. Hmph, men!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home