"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, September 25, 2006

The Family Looms

Plans are taking shape for another meeting of The Family. Emails are flying, bookings are being made, and top-secret meeting spots are being reserved. For one week--and it is the week that includes Halloween--countesses and courtesans will converge on handsome guardsmen and engage in a well-orchestrated amount of hooliganism. There are private as well as public parties planned by none other than duBarry of Newport.

I'll be attending the Save Dade Halloween Ball (the biggest in town) costumed as Blaby JaneHudson, which gives you an idea of the night(not only do I share Jane's taste in gin, but we have the same accent). I'd like to tell you about some of the other events planned, but I'd have to kill you if I did. The only one not to RSVP so far is Thomas; since he lives in my basement, I just just have to go down and beat it out of him.

7 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I always loved this "Family" portrait.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH SNAAAAP!! blanche and baby jane.... seriously, i think i'm going to cry! i love you crazy queens!!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course I am going to be there... Every party needs some sort of entertainment, and I aim to please :)

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds awesome!! I'll be watching for the pics, of course.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Bees....wouldn't you know that wat my carrot on the stick?

Thomas, YOU are not that Thomas (who lives in the basement) and, of course, you will be there. "Thomas" came out of my basement last Halloween and never again.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

I can feel the anticipation looming!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Tons of pictures! You all better takes tons of pictures!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home