"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The "Family"

Some call it the internet "Mob"; I like "The Family".

They all arrive tomorrow and will have just enough time to get ready for the first event of a schedule that would whither ordinary souls.

Fri. 6:00 PM Dinner at Hosteria di Roma
8:00 PM The rooftop of The Townhouse Hotel will host the birthday and going away party for our dear friend Monty (Montegue McGee, the heiress to a candy fortune). We are so saddened by her departure as she was always a kind and good person who has developed health problems that encourage her to leave this hectic environment.

10:00 PM Opening night of Edison's cabaret show at Funksion

Sat. 1:00 PM A lavish grilled lunch will be hosted by That Pimpernel, our Swiss banker, Chris.
6:00 PM Cocktails and drag show at The Palace
9:00 PM The Halloween Ball at The Children's Museum. This will be the most over-the-top event of the weekend.

Sun. 1:00 PM A lunch in a private dining room of The Ritz Carlton, hosted by Newport luminary, Peter Barry.
4:00 PM My weekly "Court in Exile" on Lincoln Road

I can't go on from there, but there is more. I'm not sober.

6 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Ian lands in one hour! We land in 11 hours!!!! I can't contain myself!!!! wooohooo!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Who could be sober with that schedule facing them? You forgot the Halloween Ball. (I didn't realize that Baby Jane wore slippers big enough to contain a jeroabaum of Champagne!)

Looking forward to meeting The Family (I will be looking out for violin cases).

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Damn Midterms!!! I want to see lots and lots of pictures! I will be missing you all like crazy and hope you all take a few shots of tequila for me in spirit! ;)

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damnit, and once again I'm in no position to abandon ship and join the fun. Would someone please give Ian a poshly-scented kiss on the cheek for me?

No, darling, the one on his FACE.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

The Wizard will see yo unowwwwwwwww!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun was had by all. Just a short note to thank Chris and Ditmar for their hospitality. Ray and Larry and everyone. Oh ya and little Tweetie.
Countess du Barry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home