"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, November 21, 2006


At 6 AM this morning I was cleaning my oven. In preparation for Thursday? Of course. An ulterior motive? You know it. I figured that if I kept my head in a pre-heated oven long enough, perhaps I might be able to bring my body temperature back into the mid-nineties.

The temperature dropped into the low 50's on The Beach, even lower on the mainland, and it is nothing compared to the rest of the country's weather woes, but we are not used to it. By Sunday night we were seeing our first furs and leather coats. It is, of course, only a temporary thing down here and the temps should be back in the mid 70's by Thursday (and my oven will be clean).

As if the weekend wasn't enough to deal with on the job front, KiKi picked a fight with a dog three times his size and probably a lot younger and had a chunk of skin behind his ear chewed off. (Don't small dogs look at themselves in the mirror before they leave the house and see how small they really are?) Despite all the blood, the local animal hospital patched him up and told me to just watch out for infection. He's playing it for what he can now; since he's alone during the day I stop by to apply his medicine and bring him a treat. (The biggest treat for me is to get away from work now, anyway.)

Jeremy's party is tonight, although we may have lunch this afternoon first and then White Party begins. My "white party" event will the Ditmars opera party on Wednesday night when we all attend Aida at the new opera house; there's great interest in seeing just what took so many years over time and over budget to complete. Of course, in true Miami fashion, at the last moment the builders and all their cousins in City Hall decided NOT to build the three parking garages to go with it. Why would you, when the mayor's cousin owns the biggest taxi company?

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

Such a week you're having! I will be there tonight with balls on. I mean BELLS on . . . yea, that's it!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Oh Aida...little miss fire and music herself. Have a good Thanksgiving my eskimo princess, love, as always.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Tell Jeremy I love him and I hope you all have the most wonderful party ever!!! Hopefully you will survive if the deep freeze of the 50's comes back *rolls eyes* ;)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Tonight is the hell night, not the party, the weather. The Entrail Readers promise a stiff nor'easter and temps in the 40's.

Time for bed warmers!!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

The weather sounds delightful. What are you all complaining about?

I will attend Jeremy's party in spirit tonight but will give him a big hug and kiss when I see him in Transylchusetts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home