"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, November 13, 2006

Oh, That Countess.....


Everyone knows how much I love The Countess Bedelia; I absolutely adore her. She maintains a glittering court; well, as glittering as can be in the dark, cold mountains of Transylchusetts. (Even her pet bats winter here in Miami.) And, although there have been issues between us in the past about stealing young men from my court when she visits, I long ago resigned myself to the fact that there are just too many of them to count; I let her have all she wants.

But my spies in Boston reported in an early morning telegram (coded, of course, and shoved in my sleepy face by the gloved hand of servant) that The Countess had once again defied the Countess Code and was seen dancing--on of all things--a podium. REALLY! Surely it is permitted to take a dance with a fine, young guardsman (or two) and I have even been known to lead The Quadrille for the sake of levity. But, a podium? We are NOT politicians!


I was shaking my head when I realized she had given me a biography of her early, Countess years. And, there it was; dancing comes as second nature to the head of the Court of Bedelia. I grimaced, thinking about how stark, boring, and frugal my early Countess years had been. It was as if I was brought up by Puritans until I finally ran away to New York and found a table to dance on.

So, The Great Southern Court sends a message to Bedelia: "You go girl!" (And you can be SURE that we will never show that video of you doing The Watusi.)

6 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

OH SNAP!

Who is this spy among us?

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

You just can't keep a good flapper down and off the dance floor!

I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes when I clicked on your blog and read this tribute. Of course the 'adoration' is mutual, darling!!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Beauty, grace, and the girl can dance!! (but a podium?, what was that all about??) Podium dancing should be restricted to healthy young naked men. (sorry Countess, you are marble floor material, you deserve a greater space than a podium affords) Jesse -- get up there!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

Pimpernel -

If ever a makeshift podium is needed for the healthy, naked, young men to dance upon, do not hesitate to call upon me!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Chris - I am never one to shy away from dancing up on a podium! ;)

Countess - I would follow you anywhere!!! :-)

Alexis - "We'll see..." LOL! :-)

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Glitzy said...

hello Mrs A. Hope you are doing well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home