"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, November 19, 2006

A near meltdown occurred this week with a Herculean effort being made to open the new back bar and Boris resigning and drifting off. When told this morning that the entire staff was drunk by closing, I could only reply, "What else do you expect from the stress they are under? I'm surprised no one has killed someone else." Everyone has been working 14 hour days and the fighting and screaming is more than anyone should put up with. Still, chaos often brings opportunity and my grandmother--always full of snarky quips--once said, "In a time of confusion, he who knows what he wants can get it".

As nice as the Balkan staff is, Boris had allowed The Palace to drift away from it's gay roots and I seized upon the week's drama to conduct a raiding party under plan for some time.


First, I stole Gere from Seventh. I knew he could handle it, although the poor thing was put to work on Ditmar's new bisexual night, Sexy People, Open Your Minds. (Bisexuals are a nutty and fun bunch, although we weren't prepared for the wild atmosphere that developes when there really IS something for everyone.)

Then I lifted James from Score in an daring move to actually have a blonde, gay, American boy working for us without a vowel at the end of his name or an accent like Count Dracula.

Our other blonde and beloved Jeremy returns tomorrow and perhaps he can crack the whip again and maintain some order around here. His welcome home party on Tuesday night should put to rest all those pretenders to his long vacant position, and I certainly will feel more secure when--as Riley always likes to point out--I "wield power" with my captain beside me.

5 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooooo happy with all the new HOT gay boys running around Palace. As everyone knows, I love being served by delicious boys ;) YAYYYY!!!!!!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Looks like it might be time for another visit....to see you, of course!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Hmmmm, the staff changes appear to be inspired (of course). The party nights have proven a financial success, however, I do fear that they are the cause of much of the drama, which I do not think has peaked. As for the back bar, I haven't seen it and so will reserve comment.

As my personal bodyguards have gone on walk about, I thank God for the invention of kevlar and Army judo lessons (yes, I was in the Air Force so we won't go there)...

Counting the hours for the arrival of Jeremy!

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better not cross those owners of Score. Many years ago when I worked on the Paragon Project on the East End and we were trying to open against Score - everyone that defected was fired and barred from the joint because the owners of score showed up on our opening night and saw 1/2 their employees working there...

The Bar Business is S.B. is too cutthroat for me, that's one reason why I left the Biz after that fiasco.

Good luck
Jeremy

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That walking SEX ON LEGS Gere sure is a hottie. He was working it like none other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home