"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, December 02, 2006


What a start to a weekend. Firstly, we had to deal with the break-up of Jeremy and Jose's relationship. They were supposed to go to Las Vegas this weekend which made the break-up all the more timely. And, timely it was because it was time. Anyway, I just spoke with Jeremy and he is in the hotel pondering his options.

Then, we had the opening of the Back Bar; all went well, but Jeremy and his Boston friends wanted to get drunk; I know it's unbelievable.

BUT, today I got an exciting email from the fascinating Monique, who excited South Beach back in May with her wonderful, individual take on life. We like that here.

She asked if I remembered her, which nearly floored me; how do you NOT remember a creature that dances across your life's experience like Monique? I immediately responded my delight at hearing from her; but, most importantly, she is writing a book about which she gave me these details:

"I wrote a book in the last three months. I was getting bored with my real estate broker studies so I wrote this book I had been thinking about for some time.
It is a bit radical but what the hell, the central character is a transvestite Celtic witch. She leaves her native Boston on an odyssey to gain knowledge.She arrives in San Francisco and lustily enjoys the city but she has revenge on her mind as well.She is thinking in her dreams about a political crime committed against her family by one of the leading political families in Massachusetts.She is a psychic and perceives a great threat to Ireland the home of her ancestors at the hands of a group of greedy knaves.
The second central character is a hitman for the Irish mob in Boston.He is released after 13 years in prison for killing 39 men but his information is so important he is released. He goes to Rome for his assignment and is quite surprised to find out he is coming back to America to handle some business for the Church.
The underlying theme is a contrast between the domestic surveillance program in the 1970's operated by the FBI( the COINTELPRO program) with today's surveillance. Experimental psychology of the type practiced by French Intelligence in Algeria comes into play as well.It is a pretty sexy book according to the local tranny girls here that have read it. I didn't think it was...that sexy...but maybe I am biased..LOL!"


I LOVE it (naturally); full of intrigue, just like my court. If Jeremy doesn't shape up with the congressional campaign, I'm becoming a literary agent. Just call me Swifty duBois.

3 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

I have a book I'd like to option! ;)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I could write a book....but then that hitman might come after me!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

OK Swifty, just don't get any ideas of a detailed autobiography... I have that hitman on speeddial...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home