"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, April 25, 2007


The Other "incident" this weekend involed my beloved Ray. We have always employed cops on Sundays (mostly because I want to protect the gay customers from guidos); when the owner wanted to get rid of them a couple of months ago I argued that point and one that they check ID's and banded those kids who could drink. NOT only that, but the chief was gay and he employed his boyfriend; you couldn't hope for anything better.
But several weeks ago I noticed a change in the cops; they weren't gay or even gay-friendly. That was probably my biggest mistake. On Sunday, I noticed two of them being very belligerant, and approached them saying, "Come on guys, lay off the boys in this room (Raymond's). " They left immediately, but, when I shortly went home, returned and began their campaign again against under-21-year-olds. THAT is illegal in our world; we are a restaurant where you only have to make sure kids under that age don't drink alcohol, but they can be there. THAT'S WHAT I EXPECT OF THESE COPS!!!
Tlhe kids started to be questioned and thrown out, Raymond came from behind the bar to defend them, and the new cop said, "Shut up, faggot" and shoved him against the wall (I WISH I was there for that "hate crime" statement). That is when the unthinkable happened: Raymond (a scant 120 pounds), hauled off and punched the fat cop, giving him a bloody nose and a black eye. Only the immediate intervention by calls from myself and another manager to the chief (it IS a small town, remember) stopped Ray from going to jail. The owner and the over-frantic night manager were just ablaze with anger and I kept my composure, because I know what happened and I know that I will not allow my most profitable night in the bar be stopped even if I have to throw my weight around. Right now, everyone is standing back.
It was quite a weekend when you consider that there was an attempt to rob Wonder Woman, too.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger My adventures said...

ok, i'm right up the road now and what would one (me) do in miami??? and where would one do it??? what's festive???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home