"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, November 19, 2007

The Departure and The Anniversary

Leopoldo left fro his native San Francisco on the 14th; it had been in the plans for over a year. The irony was that this was not only was the annniversary of The Palace, but our four month; and since I had spent hardly a day or night away from him, I knew things were going to be different.
Like all big parties, The Palace anniversary was greatly anticipated, here by Jaime and Frank. All you can drink and eat, decorations, shows, and I believe there might have been a gladiator fight, too.

Although not a state secret, the anniversary was kept close to family and other club people and it worked just fine at keeping out the riff-raff (although we have a favorites of those, too).


Fun people we seldom see because of their own schedules stopped; that's Adora in the middle flanked by her boyfriend, and our own Juicy P.



There was so much happiness in the rooms; an open bar and all the food you can eat can do that.

And although I was putting on my very best face (and did look smashing in head-to-toe vintage Matsuda), owner Douglas can up to me at one point and said, "It's written all over your face. You don't like being without him anymore." I could have cried right there for it was so true. All the things that I fed on: court intrigue, outrageous behavior and clothing, simple flirtations were not amusing me that night. Joles were not being shared and the dual rolling of the eyes not being performed. I was always told it is wondrous to miss someone you know will return.



2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Not a more decent person deserves it more!! Love you always! :)

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you with only sweet thoughts. I truly believe absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it also makes the heart hurt. Congrats on the anniversary!

Vickie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home