"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, November 11, 2007

It has been a weekend of sublime weather and love. But, Leopoldo's imminent departure for his native San Francisco has left me but one choice: volunteer for The Front. Yes, this was like a weekend in Paris as the Huns threatened the horizon, but I must now return to the trenches of politics to get Matti Bower elected. The outcome of this battle is grim; a very small percentage of original voters go back a second time. And, the turnout of gays was a total embarrassment; as I had written earlier, those who have the most to lose go shopping. The Hangman is just around the corner and this is clearly a battle between Good and Evil, with Evil having all the money and organization inherent is such a state. Maurice Ogden would be in heaven.

Leopoldo will be back the day before election; it will be a tense night as I sip my brandy in a mango-colored silk dressing gown, my hair neatly tied back in tension, my teal-colored nails running down his Latin cheeks. That man has stood behind every crazy notion I put before him, has been by my side for four months of tumultuous social and political weather, and has never, once, been anything but a true friend and lover. Lessor people have gone to heaven for that.

2 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Connie Chung said...

She SO BAD!!!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Connie, go back to fixing electronics and leave politics to the white people; God knows there are few of us left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home