"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Last night Dr. Brad invited us to celebrate Dr. George's birthday with dinner and a movie, with a twist. He drove us out to the immense Dolphin Mall located by the Everglades; normally I would be squeamish at driving so far onto the mainland, but I had had enough CNN to kill a normal person. It was literally "dinner and a movie" at CineBistro, a unique theater with comfortable chairs and swivel trays which allow you to eat and drink with full service during the movie. Oddly, all the movement didn't distract from the movie as much as we imagined it would and we enjoyed Righteous Kill (knowing full well that there were two doctors in the house should I have a panic attack). We didn't get to see much of the Mall, but it was obvious that it was a center of entertainment for those who actually live that far out; it's a whole different world. Only mistake: switching from my usual drink, Stoli. There is a reason, I believe, why people have a favorite drink and that revolves around the body being used to it to a point that it is tolerated. I can drink ten blueberry Stolis, get buzzed, and feel no pain the next day; switching to rum and coke and then taking an offered final toast of Kahlua swung my sugar level into a tailspin because I awoke feeling like a tank had rolled over me. Lesson learned, and happy birthday to George.

Now we rest, for tonight we accepted an invitation to join the fabulous Henrietta in a night on the town. Look out.

3 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Good god Alexis, the Dolphin Mall is out further west into Everglades than where mzy condo is--I´m glad to see you survived the ordeal!

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it 10 blueberry stolis that led you into that awful fight with the garden gate?
-MSF

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Mamie, am I to take that remark as a shot across my bow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home