"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, March 02, 2009

The annual pool party at the Surfcomber again made for a lot of eye candy; these are just a few of the images that are still so vivid in our minds. We haven't even downloaded the second camera's photos. As usual, Countess Bedelia ruled the entire day; I have never seen so many kowtow to one woman, THAT WOMAN. We all had so much fun; it should be illegal.

My baby has always been a chick magnet...

Our dear friend, The South Beach Bum, was there; it is always a distinct pleasure and honor to be in his presence.










And we have adopted this boy to be our constant companion; he's another Leo, a Leonardo. He has narrowly escaped the clutches of Countess Bedelia; I cautioned him early that he had to make a choice of being with the two of us in the tropics or with Bedelia in Transylchusetts, confined to a cold dungeon with little more than bats to keep him company. Leonardo made the right choice.

4 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Contessa du Barry said...

Dear Mrs Astor Than God you took that poor Innocent boy under your wing. Bedelia would have only used and abused him. Well look at me I'm up here in Newport in a White Straight Jacket mumbling line from All About Eve............. Please save them all

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Tut...his name is Leandro, darling, and he is hiding in my suitcase as I type.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I swear to have you poisoned as soon as the figs arrive.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful event! I, of course, have to mention the countess in my column this week as there was no official VIP; just her cabana, which could not have been more incredible.

Thanks Countess for a fabulous time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home