"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, March 21, 2009

There is no stopping the head-long race into Henrietta's birthday party. It seems that everyone is lining up to attend.

I baked cake number five today: a vanilla cake to which I added vanilla pudding. Tomorrow, I will make the vanilla cake with cream cheese. A decision has to be made. The sounds outside of the peasants revolting with pitchforks and torches are most disturbing. I have sent a messenger to them with detailed instructions on where to find The Countess Bedelia and the Countess von Cartier...

While I have been laboring--yes, "laboring"--at the wheels of S0ciety, those two born-t0-well-to-admit-to-anything social whores are sitting back and applying ointments to their knees and minds while I try to to maintain decency and momentum.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

The Countess von Cartier who????? Never heard of her.

You would have been proud of me tonight as I was brought on stage in a club in NYC and rocked the house with Henrietta's line (when asked about my fox fur cuffs)..."How many animals did I have to f**k to pay for them?"

I was signing autographs all night!!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

We bow to you....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home