"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, March 02, 2009

That Woman


The cable came in with no uncertain terms: "Your worst nightmare has come true." I replied, "You are snowed in and going to drag me down the drain." Countess Bedelia is here for a few more days. I have protected as many young boys as possible, but she has the upper-diamonded ring hand. Countess von Cartier wired me this: "Dear Mrs Astor Thank God you took that poor. Innocent boy under your wing. Bedelia would have only used and abused him. Well look at me I'm up here in Newport in a White Straight Jacket mumbling lines from All About Eve............. Please save them all ." Indeed. I have done all I can to save young, easily-impressed boys from bad influences like Bedelia; they really belong with us, who have only their best interests in mind.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Contessa du Barry said...

All those Cha Cha's are mesmerized by last years Orange Hat...You
would think with all her money she would have purchased a new hat for this years Party.Call me crazy but Less Diamonds more Hat..... Oh those poor boys......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home