"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, July 17, 2009

Lamart sent me this bulletin from the Miami Beach Police:

MBPD is looking for volunteers to take part in a simulated casualty for shooter training exercise ~ 7/27 - 31
The Miami Beach Police Department is looking for individuals to assist with volunteering to be a simulated casualty for our active shooter training exercise. The event is scheduled on a week day, the week of July 27-31 from 7:00am - 4:00pm at a Miami Beach location to be disclosed at a later date, along with the exact date of the event.

In order to be considered to participate, you must:
1. Be in good health
2. Be able to run and scream
3. Be able to climb up and down stairs
4. Be willing to lay on the ground as needed (simulate injuries)
5. Be willing to have make-up and/or simulated blood put on you
6. Commit to staying for the entire day (7:00am - 4:00pm)
7. Be willing to be transported to local hospitals and receive simulated medical care.

My answers:
1. Except for the liver and kidneys...CHECK
2. I don't run, except for a sale; but I DO scream, especially in movies and, well...
3. I only crawl up and tumble down, but they are very realistic.
4. As long as there is a drink in my hand.
5. Long history with make-up; can do blood as long as #4 applies
6. I must leave by 1 for Twist happy hour; "mistakenly" shoot me first.
7. As long as the care is provided by Adam Rodriguez from Miami CSI

Oh, Hell! I'll just walk up Washington Avenue on a Saturday night and experience the real thing.

Today we are celebrating our 2 year anniversary of meeting that fateful day when I was late and literally bumped into Leopoldo in my haste...









It has been a fantastic journey. We will meet our friends tonight at Twist for drinks.

6 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Happy Anniversary!

It must be true love for a man of Leo's refined taste to kiss you in that blonde wig with the pink flowers!!

xoxo

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! What adorable pictures of you two.

I can just imagine it now: after escaping from the mock shooting exercise, you dressed like Baby Jane and liquored up, terrorizing the good people of MB in the middle of the day.

Dear God, I want pictures.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

You all know what? We LOVE each other. We have found our match.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Countess, Mr. Astor has always found me fetching in a wig and--preferably--a dress.

Ed, get a grip of your fantasy. Then come see us.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Mrs. Astor, your comment brings back the memory of you dressed as Anna Wintour.....Mr. Astor couldn't keep his hands off you!

Ahhh...l'amour

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ah...that night when Karl Lagerfeld was pawing Anna Wintour...bliss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home