"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, October 10, 2009

I have been of delicate health these days between the total war against the White Fly, the incessant heat, my unending stomach problems, and the knowledge that at any time Nature can turn on me. (Just what do the possums talk about when I forget to leave them leftovers?) So, today I gathered what little strength I had to go down to Twist to see Miss Vickie, a major force in Broward County's transgender rights campaign, and the enchanting Penelope, one of her best friends from that community. In the very short time we were together, I overhead Penny mention her children and inquired about them. She has a nine-year-old daughter and a six-year-old son. I was somewhat astounded, and yet not very much surprised, if that is possible to relate. I asked her how the children have adapted and she said the son was always fine, but the daughter has some issues early, but dropped them as time went on. My, my, I thought; what a wonderful world we live in for who wouldn't want Penny to be their Mom. That brings me back to Cat Stevens and.....

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Mrs. Astor, but there are others up here in the frozen tundra who do more than I in the cause of transgender rights. Indeed it was lovely to see you and everyone, albeit a short visit. The NWS concert was wonderful.....even electrifying! The orchestra has a deep, lucious sound this year and it was great to see it sold out, what with the economy and all. I suppose there are others like myself who are not willing to forego culture in their lives. My enchanting Penny enjoyed it very much as well.

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home