"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, August 13, 2010

Where does the time go? I have been playing and working way, too hard with Mr. Astor. Firstly, we took the mayor of North Miami, Kevin Burns, on a whirlwind tour of Society in his uphill bid to win the state senator seat; a charming and intelligent man, Kevin was an easy introduction, although I feel his run is vastly compromised by the massive money of his opponent, Gwen Margolis (a political hack from day one), has. Kevin is a piece of work, though; a white, gay, Catholic, he has been elected to mayor by an overwhelmingly minority city. He and his partner of 26 years have an adopted, eight year old daughter. All I can say is that we will try.

Secondly, tonight--Friday--my gourmet pal, Raul and I, will host a special BBQ at Twist. There is no special occasion, other than we want to do it. It starts at six and you won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home