"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Baroness Seitzinger's carriage arrive on time at 6 PM, and no one was surprised about her new ducal crest adorning the doors of her carriage and even her blouse. (Actually we all wore tops with crests in an amusing coincidence; my top, though, had so many crests that the crests had crests.)
The Wilmerdings reside on the west bay in an adorable 1925 bungalow with all the original details and all the new appliances.
Mrs. Wilmerding turned the original sun room into a mini-banquet hall (and you know how we like those). In the cocktail hour before dinner, Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish got up and walked across the living room to sit next to me after she caught me whispering something about her to Miguel; that stopped that. At dinner she and the baroness traded barbs and snips at each other; but, Mamie even cable me today that it was a wonderful night "...and, even The Baroness was tolerable". To all of our fortunes, it was decided on a vote of 4 to 2 to pass on the boat ride. Natalie Woods lives on.
Mrs. Wilmerding's family has long been involved in the collection of folk and modern art. I was particularly amused by her Japanese-painted collection of skate boards (or skate decks, as the are called).
My, my; skandalous skate boards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home