"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, July 25, 2010

On the first day of his week vacation, I put Mr. Astor to work finishing the cleaning of leaves from the pool that I began yesterday. The brief tropical storm on Friday had managed to put every available leaf into the pool, and we had to clear it out before it all jammed the filter. It was a lovely afternoon: clearing the leaves, sipping rum and Cokes, and just being silly.
Summer brings in the rainy and growing season. While Mr. Astor worked on the pool, I clipped overgrown plants threatening egress into the back yard.

Still, although most of our northern friends avoid visiting in summer because of the heat, humidity, and hurricanes, we find the lush, tropical setting just fine. The heat and the Latin boys mix oh, so well.

And, when I did decide to join Mr. Astor in the pool, I made sure to protect that delicate, Yankee skin of mine. The two of us had a fun time and will be off to visit Susie at Twist's BBQ at six.



3 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Oh, how delightful to see you protect your fair skin in that wonderful hat! Did we not burn those hats a couple of months ago? Silly boy! You are living dangerously as usual :) xoxo

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

We donated "those" hats to a local aids charity store. I made this one two years ago for a special performance for Mr. Astor's birthday. This is MY hat.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Contessa du Barry said...

When will that Old Northern Broad learn. When you told me you donated the hats I was very happy that you did.That Old Broad still wants to burn them. Just goes to show the better Person....You Looked great in the Hat I do remember you in it a few years ago and those six in heels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home