"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I can't wait for "season" to end; traditionally it ends at Easter, but in the last few years it has dragged up until Memorial Day.
Last Saturday we accompanied Henrietta out on the town. It was the usual stops at Score and Twist. I marveled at Henrietta's hair ornament and just how she got it all so perfect.
On Sunday afternoon, I attended Thomas Barker's brunch at The Angler. It was one of those all-the-vodka-you-can-drink affairs, which was tragic because I stopped drinking that wondrous beverage many months ago. I did sip a few, though, and got tragically sick, so it was a lesson learned: do not attend a brunch that has a two hour cocktail hour if you can't drink.
And on Wednesday I was on my way to the gym, decided that I was a little early for my trainer, and turned off Lincoln Road to Mova to have a glass of wine where I ran into Geraldine. This town is so jaded that her outfit didn't even cause second looks. I won't even go into the Elmo purse.

Today is the great Gay Pride Parade in which we will be in the Twist contingent. The theme is Jungle and we put together lovely safari outfits to guard Henrietta from all those native.

Tomorrow is my birthday pool party.

Monday is going to be spent all day in bed.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss twist but didn't go to score when i was visiting....the season seems fabulous though. why would you want it to end?

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would totally wear that outfit. Besides, I've always loved Elmo. In his world, people are happy, they have fun, they learn, and there's no hate - not a bad place to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home