"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Thanks, Hurricane Dennis.

I finally got my electricity back on. Two days without electricity is enough to drive you to drink. The romance of candle light wears off in about three hours and suddenly you realize that all that food in the fridge is not going to make it. And two nights without my electric vibrator, I mean curling iron, was too much not to make it to Twist by the 4AM round-up. As Jake has pointed out nothing good EVER happens a Twist, and that's the way we like it.

Not to be held back I joined Randy and Chris on a trip to The Mainland, which usually frightens me. However, it was celebrity bartender Ditmar Perner's birthday/pool party and electric was on there. Chris--ever the sweetheart--flew Ditmar's parents in from Austria as his present; I love those two. His parents are enthralled by the carefree, wild world of Miami and they were very busy preparing food and taking photos. Everytime I ran into them they would grin and say, "Jahr, Jahr". Somewhere along the way Mrs. Astor must have gotten a little too haughty because three party animals picked me up and tossed me in the pool, pearls and all. I popped up to the surface and found myself in the arms of Humpilicious Brian, a Boston cop who flew down for the day. Oh, yes and he was naked, so I did what any lady would and hoisted him on my frail shoulders. It's always better to add jewels to the neckline. I fear there are some very, very embarrassing pictures about to surface, too.

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear god! I don't doubt a word of it... get ahold of those pictures missy. I must see this to believe it!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I had on a crisp linen shirt and the most spectacular plaid pants, too. But I was rather sarcastic and deserved it; I was rather drunk, too, although that will come as no surprise to anyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home