"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, December 03, 2006


Having successfully packed Jeremy away to Las Vegas for the next four days and having warned all the friends that I was not going to answer email or phone calls for two days, I fully expected that my plan to stay with KiKi during these days would be uneventful.

I enjoyed my time with KiKi more than I can express beyond the fact that he means more to me than any living being. He is very fragile now; his old feistiness still comes to a boil, but he has no strength to carry anything out. He is a lost soldier, but he is MY soldier. Once again I have been called to the mat for cooking for him (the latest: a butterfly pasta, in an alfredo sauce with bacon, chicken, and cheese.) I fed him by hand all week; I know pets can position you to do these these things, but who cares. I did it for my Grandmother.

So, for all you wondering why I haven't returned calls, or been "available", shied away from openings, or just not been where you expect me to be all the time, this photo is for you.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

You're a Grand Dame, Mrs. Astor; I can't think of anyone more worthy of some time away.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

I think I recognize the second from the right. he he he.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home