"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, April 27, 2007

We are setting the mounting tensions aside for a night to attend the opening of the Gay and Lesbian Film Festival opening premier of The Picture of Dorian Gray. Starring the luscious David Gallagher of 7Th Heaven, director Duncan Roy has move the story from Victorian England to the decadent New York of the 80's. (It will probably hit way too close to home.)

At our pre-party cocktail party last night, that famously trashy, Thomas Barker, introduced me to the fact that trashy behaviour comes in both sexes and inclinations. Two beautiful, straight woman were telling him about "the cable guy" (my ears pick up on stories titled like that). It seems one let the cable guy in to do his job and the other went into the shower; when roommate number two came out of the bathroom, she found the other having sex with the cable guy. "You mean you didn't pay him?" she said, drying her hair. "No, I paid him; I'm just getting my money's worth." I wasn't through snickering when the first said, "Well it's not as bad as you having sex with the air-conditioning repairman and then call him back to "repair" it four times in the same week!"

1 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger John Q. Aggravated said...

Four months from now, I'll have my wardrobe of fancy formal clothes and show up well-dressed to one of these "cocktail parties" I've been longing to go to for years...

I don't know. I've always been the high society type, I guess. Cocktail parties, black tie affairs...always wanted to go, but never get invited.

Prolly 'cause I can't drink. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home