"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, May 14, 2007

It is still incredible to me that not one person believes that I am retiring my position and that this was the very last weekend I would host a two-day bacchanal. This last fling was for our lawyer friend Rob, and he proved that a room of lawyers could be a wild and fun thing.
His secretary eerily reminded me of Charo.
As usual, Thomas Barker was in the middle of everything. I spent an amazing afternoon with him today. It was strange; we had had such a great experience planning Rob's party that we needed to talk today and, boy-oh-boy, did we ever.

Two more of my military brats: Mickey and Carlos, Coast Guard and Air Force.



No Miami birthday would be complete without the birthday boy being treated to the sensual delights of The Tango. The Great Seductress herself, Geraldine, sang and demonstrated what a dance of lost love mixed with found momentum of sex can do for a soul.





In a prime example of why I have to leave this crazy life, she later danced on the trunk of a car on Ocean Drive. I need to get off this Merry-Go-Round.

4 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, now...would you stop spreading fear!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I just going to cut flowers and sell them outside the house (and have lots of pool parties).

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger John Q. Aggravated said...

So, may I be so bold as to ask what you're retiring from? @_X I know I sound like an idiot, but I'm curious.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

From thinking up, planning, and holding parties. I've done it for more years than one can imagine and I'm tired of it. Of course, I do it very well and that's why the wags are saying it will be like Cher's 'farewell" tour. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home