"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Abdication

I'm so glad The Queen was here this week, because we were able to discuss this touchy subject. I respect Her adherence to history and total fear of "the daughter-in-laws". I, however, have no such nightmares.

For some time I have been helping out lovable Carlos develop his ideas for the club and last night was the fruition of his dreams. It was so fun for me: I had a great time while knowing that I have formally stepped down from the night scene and left it in such capable hands.
I know is might seem a little scandalous to announce an heir-apparent and then abdicate immediately, but these are trying times and they demand immediate solutions. I have been consumed with the knowledge that I am neglecting KiKi for the entertainment of a hundred fools, and I need to spend time with him in his final days. Never far away, I will always be there, hiding behind the curtain (with a camera)

The evening began with great promise and never disappointed anyone; FernanDcute, Juicy Pussy, and Geraldine were set to make the night a class act.

It was original 7th member and "top" guard Andy's birthday and while FernanDcute announced the celebration, you could see Geraldine motioning in the background.


Juicy was coming out with the huge cake while everyone sang "Happy Birthday". It was a perilous walk I took many a time with a cake wondering, "What would happen if I fell...?"


I never wore heels, but Juicy did and tumbled against the wall with the cake. She was mortified.



I immediately grabbed the situation in hand and announced that, "If anyone wants cake, they can lick the wall." The moment was not lost on anyone; it was wondrous!





One, lone candle was erected on the defaced cake and we sang like Brits in The Blitz.




Ray's crowd of well-heeled hooligans all turned out, too. I realized in a moment of past glory that, in the absence of Jeremy and his guards, I had come to depend on Ray's squad of rear-guardsmen to defend The Palace. All these guys know how much I adore them for their loyalty.

In the glee of the moment I used my final moments in command to issue an edict to Ray's boys: Take that girly boy named Chanel and haul him off to dance for the crowd.



Neither Chanel nor his buttelicious behind, disappointed the crowd.



Giving up Absolute Power is absolutely difficult.




5 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, girl, you of all people should know how much power a dowager empress wields. No pity from us!

 
At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE YOU FOR THIS POST, THE PICTURES AND THE FUN I MISSED. SOME OF US HAD TO STUDY FOR A THURSDAY MORNING FINAL. CAN'T CARLOS PLAN BETTER THAN THAT?!?!?!
-- MIKEY
(PS - AN INTENTIONAL ALL CAPS COMMENT. SNAP.)

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Abdication? Ridiculous, you have simply found it is much safer to be the power behind the throne than out in front (those damned bomb throwers!!)

My best to Kiki...

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Where does FernanDCute buy her clothes? I think we both go to the same designer!

What is this about abdication? Does this mean I now outrank you?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I didn't announce my death, Countess, just my passing from power. "Rank" will always be there. You can tell by who walks one step behind me at all times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home