"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, May 05, 2007

My little, devoted workers are decorating like a bunch of Latin bees for Disco de Mayo. It's really amazing, still, to me how dedicated people are in this town to having fun and going to parties. And if you are thinking about giving a party make sure you go to the site of The Oriental Trading Company (just the name alone made me check it out). You can get just about anything for any event for next to nothing, at least as far as "nothing" means here.

I know I keep threatening to move from this nuthouse, but I sort of like being able to stand on a street like Espanola Way with a hundred other like souls and watch Adora belt out a Puccini aria on a balcony (and not consider it strange).





And what can be said about The Wrestling Rooster Girls demonstrating cruel and tortuous moves -- TheBackbreaker, the Helicopter Spin, The Cartwheel Kick, The Pile Driver, and others!




Oh, well; the Spanish Sirens are beckoning me to help with the pinatas, maracas, and--of course--the disco ball curtains. Some discerning person is going to have those by night's end.



I love The Nut House.


1 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these cockfighting pics!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home