"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Misc. Shots of the Week

I was all set to have myself tied to my bed today in order to rest (I have developed a clinical addiction to Wrestling Rooster Women), but was just informed that it was me who moved up Latino "Night" to 4 PM today and it would be the height of untoward behavior to not be there. Oh, well; one more afternoon won't kill me and, although it is not polite either to have a favorite child, everyone knows Ray is mine. We have had in-depth talks this week about how bad it is to give a cop a bloody nose, and Ray knows I cashed in practically all my chips to keep him out of the Big House where he would have been a handmaiden to some big goon and not my pet anymore.

I didn't really figure out what the guy with the bird mask was up to because I long ago stopped questioning erratic and bizarre behavior. Then there was the glitter hula skirt, too, that could have raised an eyebrow in Iowa.

And speaking of exotic birds, Geraldine informed me this morning that she and FernanDcute are performing at the closing party of the Gay and Lesbian Film Festival tonight at Parrot Jungle. Ah, yes, that is what I had promised Carl and Thomas to accompany them to; for the last day or so I have been trying to remember just what I agreed to in some haze this week.
Wrestling Roosters, bird masks, parrot jungles, and flameco lessons for flamingos. There's a link here, somewhere.



3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Hahaha...just another weekend in "cocktail induced lalaland". If you move away, Alexis, where will I go for my trip to fantasy island?

*kisses*

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I can't leave if only that means I have to be at the the bottom of the steps of your personal plane to shake your white-gloved hand. I am well-aware of my mission in life.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

And just *what* is wrong with "being a handmaiden to some big goon"?

Love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home