"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Southern Florida, known for its blue skies (sometimes even when it's pouring rain)
looked a little more like Los Angeles on a bad day. 911 was inundated with calls as the smoke filtered through ventilation systems and set off alarms. And this "sub-tropical" storm coming from the northwest? Don't expect much, they say.

So, I decided to meet up with Jesse and catch up with his life so far down here. (I know I've been preoccupied with final events of season.)
As usual, Jesse was in fine spirits out in the comforts of Edison Farrow's crowd (we just didn't spend much time in the outdoor garden of The Sanctuary Hotel because of the smoke). He's taking his real estate classes, but having trouble finding his way around. We had warned him of that. Driving is also a problem, a known one that stops many from driving altogether. (The last thing some of these people on the highways drove before that beat up Toyota pick-up was a donkey and cart.) I cautioned patience before running home and reminded him that The Season is over and things will calm down (except for the storms, of course...) Still, he exuded enough hope to allow me to make my way home early and I left him in the handds of some NJB's (Nice Jewish Boys).
Walking down Dade Blvd. in the haze, I really wanted to be wearing a caped coat and Sherlock Holmes hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home