"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Xmas at La Casa

Every year I have Christmas Eve and day dinner with my housemate, Terry's, family. There's no need to go into details; I am just obligated to attend. They are like any other family you wish would stay home (I managed to excuse myself and go to bed when they started to drunkenly argue politics with Jeremy; Terry turned to Leopoldo and asked, "Do you want to go inside, discuss the latest Gucci line, and have a cookie? We all have our escape hatches). Every year Terry comes up with some new ornament like the disco ball on the front lawn with the spotlight that makes it look as if snow if falling on your home; this year it was this fanciful chandelier.
I had told Leopoldo that he would immediately bond with Terry. How could they not? They are both in the fashion industry, both card-carrying members of the Fashionista Party, and both take up more than their fair share of closet space. But, that's why we love them; they are fun.

Leopoldo's "fun" ring was a ruby with a gold Fleur de Lys on it imported from the mines of the Tsars in The Urals. Well, actually it was by Betsy Johnson, who probably gets it from China. Still, it made quite a statement at The Palace when I entered the ballroom. (Those bitches can be so jealous.)
Mr. Astor made me so happy that magical day but, in fact, he does every day. I stayed over Miami last night to awake at the crack of dawn to start moving the rest of his clothing and art work to my place. The time has come.

And, I would be remiss in not complimenting him on his napkin arrangements. There is a lot of talent in that man.




2 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

The table looks fantastic; especially the napkin arrangements. Mr. Astor is soooo talented!!

Unfortunately most Christmas family get-togethers sound just like yours; but that is what makes them fun!! And gives us all something to dish about later.

p.s. Love the ring.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Hmmm... a fleur de lys... I like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home