"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I know, I know; I've been distant again, but what can I say, but that this a time of general malaise. Also, I haven't been bringing out my camera on our outings as I don't just see anything worth the interest.

I did run into the great social greatness, herself, Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish at the favorite gin hall of society, now: Twist's happy hour. She tried to hide from the glare of the camera because she was engaged in enough nefarious activities to warrant a congressional investigation. Last night at Twist witnessed a turnout of the old society matrons who used to attend court at the late, great Palace. The Palace is a shell of it's former glory now, lost in past fortune and bereft of unified fun. We have visited the poor place often, only to find it the most disappointing adventure one could take. Twist has garnered the lost, monied souls now.

Today I took my remaining money out of North Korean elevator shoe stock and did the only thing that makes sense now. I put every penny into Government Cheese futures. Not to seem like an opportunist, I quietly submitted to my publisher a cookbook on The Art of Cooking Government Cheese, and at the same time made a deal with a Chinese pan manufacturer (now suffering), to produce cheap fondue pots for my sequel book, The Art of Government Cheese Fondue. By the first of the new year, I expect to be the Warren Buffet of government cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home