"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The first image of our gift to Henrietta has been leaked to the international press. It is a simple, but elegant band of roses set with diamonds; it was last worn by Queen Marie of Roumania, although I did briefly try it on last night as I approached Mr. Astor in bed.


I've been sitting around the house all day, baking cakes. I have to muster up all the strength I have to meet (do battle) with Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish and The Baroness Seitzinger at 4 PM. If you have ever seen a Japanese monster movie like Battle of The Gargantuans you know what it will be like.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coninkidink! This Sunday is Penny's birthday as well! I'm taking her out to dinner tonight, I also got her a beautiful gift of jewelry, and I baked her a lucious chocolate mocha cake with mascarpone mocha frosting.

Last weekend we saw "Wicked" in Ft. Meyers, which was spectacular. On Sunday we went to the Ringling Museum in Sarasota, where I noticed mention was made of "The Mrs. Astor" next to a painting. Life is very good these days, in spite of everything.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

In honor of you, I will protect and otherwise keep close in my hand, Mr. Astor. It is the least I can do.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home