"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish sent my this photo with the question of whether she should buy it. I told her in no uncertain terms that I would personally lead the PETA protesters outside her townhouse should she even think of it again. Actually, she was moving the item from the home of her Palm Beach into storage and thought of me; anytime anyone has something excessive to report, they think of me (I don't understand it).

Tomorrow night will be the great seventeenth anniversary party at Twist. The old Patio Bar has been turned into something I now call The Jungle Room; how very appropriate, and it is absolutely gorgeous. I personally upholstered the chairs in a (fake) plush tiger print and I saw the newly painted results of the walls and bar today. This is a party the town anxiously awaits every year, turning out people who would never think of going out on a week night. The crew has been working relentlessly for many weeks and they have done wonders; I hope they can all relax now and enjoy the fruits of their labors.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger LARMOT said...

Ah ... you spoke too soon ... at 7:00 pm we were in the middle of new "changes" and there was an additon to the "Jungle room"... It is never really done until the party starts at 9:00 PM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home