"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

There was a lot of worry about how do you host a party after the town has not slept for three days. Somehow, enough friends mustered up the strength to attend my birthday pool party. I won't go into the gory details of what happened once we let the Latin boys out of the guest bedroom, but Leopoldo and I caught two of them totally naked in the back, back yard having intimate relations. I made believe that I had lost my way to watch for a while until Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish roared around the other side and tried to crash the party. And, believe me, you don't want to "crash" into that.
Lady Bunny was quite comfortable in front of a cheese platter. I turned my back for one minute and all the cheddar cubes were gone.
The formal group shot. The Queen Mother, Henrietta, is seated on the left, and the current Queen Bunny is seated on the right. I couldn't have wondered about a more perfect birthday and thank Leopoldo and Bob for all the help they put into pulling it off.

I also thank The Baroness Sietzinger. I have never been one for titles. Being known by the entire town as Mrs. Astor has suited me fine. But, being one for purchased titles, Baroness showed up with one for me: The Duchess of Whimsy. It will come in handy for the royal wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home