"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, July 23, 2005

I have to stop being serious for a moment and go back to my silly roots. There's a lot of plans for the weekend now that the new tropical storm seems heading away. So we'll be getting out the outfits and calling the boys (especially LPJ); we'll be mounting our horses and in true Teddy Roosevelt style yelling, "Charge".

This was one of my most adored friends in New York, Perfidia. She works with Pat Fields as a superb hair stylist, but I just loved being her date. (she did my hair and make-up for one of the famous parties given by Cosima von B., another buddy at the time).

Here is Perfidia as we arrived at--of all places--The Tavern on the Green. I remember asking her to pose against this particular wall; "It'll make you look like you are in Tuscany" was the shallow, silly way I put it. But, somehow Perfidia's hair made a mockery of The Tavern's fake Tuscan wall.

Ah, only a good drag queen could lay waste to the kitsch of Tavern on the Green. Thanks Perfidia for all the great times, the way you did my makeup and hair on those "special" occasions at
The Vault, for introducing me to so much new music, and for coming over to dinner all the time as Steven.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Blogger the Witch said...

I never liked the cheesy mural in that waste of a room @ Tavern... but who could resist it with Perfidia's glam before it. That room never looked so good.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home