"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

News from Newport

I know du Barry's been busy since arriving from The Cape on July first for The Annual Newport Fourth of July Ball (so unlike our classy event down here), because she finished The Black Ships 2005 and is now completing her work at the famed Music Festival. But you have to drive bamboo shoots under her fingernails to get details (I mean gossip, of course).

Maybe I will drive a sort of shoot under her social nail. How about this invitation? The Newport Music Festival is world regarded and has been around for 40 years. And, I don't want to be a critic, but doesn't this feel like a Christmas card? I mean, certainly not Hallmark; but, if you look closely, you can see The Grinch.

That should do it: the Imperious Telephone Call at 9AM (her favorite time to chat). "How DARE you?" (Fully 30% of the way her calls to me begin.)

6 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't even wait until your morning coffe, you ingrate. How DARE you?

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Wayne Cronin said...

So observant, as always ... all that foliage and bright clothing make the whole ensemble look like a Christmas tree.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll admit it. I clicked on it and actually *looked* for the Grinch. I need a nap.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

I wish someone would call me on the phone and go "How DARE you?" It reminds me of a friend I once had from Maryland named Adedotson. He was a tall man from Africa who was going to school in Maryland but also in the military. The funniest thing was that he was the most FLAAAAAAAAAAAMING person you have ever met in your life - there is no way he could have ever passed for straight in the military - you didn't need to ask b/c everyhing about him TOLD! He would totally have done something like that. He was always like "Girlllllll! Honeychileeeeeeeee!" Sigh, I miss that.

Really - How DARE you?

:)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I dare, because I live.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Now THAT was Danielle Steele!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home