"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Things You Have To Go Through.....


...when you a Lady of Society With a Past (now there's a group I should be forming!)

I received email picture threats from Carl of the Wire Magazine today that shook my foundation, well to the foundation. Yes, he was looking for a free meal and more I Roveri pinot grigio; what I had fed the beast yesterday only enlarged his appetite. Didn't we learn all thiswith Neville Chamberlain and Adolf Hitler?

Three years ago I was in a rather horrendous accident and had a bit of recovery time in the hospital. Friends like Palace owners Douglas Solomon and Henry Bronkhorst made it a little palatable by always sneaking in Dom Perignon and other tasty delights (the next day, the nurse would always give me the evil eye when she cleaned out my waste basket.

One day Carl and a band of his overpaid staff members came in and tied me up so they could take this "hilarious" shot of me as Blanche Hudson. Then he published it. What a guy.

5 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

i used to be tied up like that while I was living at the clinic too.

but everytime I try to remember things that happened then... I´m falling into a big blank zone--- medication was too strong I guess-

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

I have never been tied up like that before, like my parents Ian and you were.

I am so happy that you recovered and got back on your feet, only to be pole dancing around South Beach once again. (Now *THERE* is a "Lady of Society With a Past" story ;) Carl published that picture? What a cheeky monkey! :-)

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

I'm glad to see you recovered well. By the looks of the picture, you're spirit and sense of humor clearly helped in the healing process. :) We love you Mrs. A!!!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

My dahling Mrs. Astor,

My first husband was into bondage. I used to tie him up and daintily whip the shit out of him....He's a born again Christian now. Do you think it's my fault?

The Countess

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Countess, it's God's fault. Blame everything in HIm and life will be easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home