"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, September 30, 2006

I don't know why, but I'm bored by everything these days and was nodding off on my divan when startled by the image of camouflage before me. Thoughts of Che Guevara pulsated through my mind until I saw the carefully pedicured toes and matching camouflage flip flops of Thomas Barker, who is hardly a terrorist, but certainly a terror. I smacked him with my fan and chided him for dressing like that in times like these. REALLY! Do we need to fan the flames of revolution by dressing the part? I was still trying to get over the resignation of Palm Beach Republican congressman (and head of some sub-committee on child abuse), Mark Foley, after a series of sizzling IM's to a 16-year-old male page was published today. Imagine; the Republican leadership knew all this a year ago and let him go on with protecting Bush Family Values. It just isn't Right.

New and exciting faces flow through this town like rain water down a mountainside. So, it was not unusual that a new face (and body) today made most courtiers open their snuff boxes and talk. He was a likeable boy from Texas who just moved here (and like Riley, is studying law at UM), and the court circled around him like a wagon train besieged by Indians; his name is Jay. At one point, an Asian friend of ours was giving him a massage and I couldn't stop my sassy mouth from saying, "Please; all you need to do is walk on his back to make this complete", when Jay's face lit up and he pressed down to the floor. Within seconds (too short for me to even get the camera out) our Asian buddy, Donnie, kicked off his sandals and was walking on his back. It didn't last for long but, when he got up, we asked him to take off his shirt, which he did; I said to Riley, "He is the new Court Favorite." "Oh," Jay asked, "and who is The Court?"

Riley chuckled, and I thought, "L'Etat, c'est moi"

5 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

umh... keep foolin around and I´ll make you eat your crown...

a Handicapped Bith in a jealosy rage.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

The parade of young hopefuls is a continuous process. Will he succeed or be sent back for a bit more cellar age? The young fruity ones seldom age well, so you have to enjoy them during their short shelf life. Great first growths remain the rarities they have always been.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Now, now; there's no need for jealousy as I am only there to capture events, not people.

Pimpernel, I think his shelf life is purely dependent upon the arrival of the next Court Favorite.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Damn, that short huh? Poor thing, I do hope his ego can take the blow. One needs to be a Pushkin to keep the attention of a great lady. Such are the intrigues of an active court.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger jay said...

i would like to thank the court for selecting me as the new court favorite - i hope i can bring grace and dignity back to the office which i have been called upon to serve and may my favor with the court remain as sweet as the the very first bite...

Jay
www.myspace.com/jaybishop4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home