"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, October 03, 2006



Blanche: "Jane, I need to tell you something."
Jane: "Oh, please; not now."
Blanche: "Yes, now. Jane, those emails to the 16-year-old page. You didn't send them like they say. I sent them because you were so mean and so drunk."
Jane: "You mean I gave up my Floridian congressional seat for nothing?"
Blanche: "It's OK, Jane. Go check yourself into rehab, admit you are an alcoholic and they will let you go with a slap on the wrist."
Jane: "Really, Blanche; do you think so?"
Blanche: " Yes, Jane; it doesn't work for the little people, but it does for Republican lawmakers."
Jane: "But, then, shouldn't the entire Bush administration check themselves in also? I mean, they've done so many worse things. I'm so confused."
Blanche: "Jane, I'm dying. Please don't vote Republican this year."
Jane: "I know; I'll get us some ice cream. You always liked ice cream."

7 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

OH.MY.GOD. This is your best post EVER!!! Thank you for the laugh - I soooooooooooo needed that! :-)

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Ice cream? OH MY!! Gelato maybe?

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Are you in rehearsal for the Halloween Ball?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Ray said...

perfect, absolutely perfect.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Alexis-

You know how to lure me. When Bette was nominated for the oscar, Joan did all the backstabbing she could to prevent the academy from awarding it. Classic. Love.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Troy said...

i look in the mirror and see an aging gay man.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger My adventures said...

hysterical...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home