"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, January 18, 2008

The King is Back

Many would have run at this sight; was it a wild wolf, so common on South Beach, or a baby polar bear about to charge at you for that Coca Cola in your hand?

No, it was just KiKi playing hide-and-seek in his old stomping ground.

I engineered a rescue mission to take him from the confusing and lonely situation he was in and, after sniffing around a little, he settled back into a life he remembered very well. (We just shared some spinach and artichoke dip from Epicure while his meatloaf--and ours--bakes.) Everyone who's ever encountered KiKi knows his knack for snarling and snapping, exhibiting an attitude much larger than his portly, little frame. Yet, he took to Leopoldo immediately, kissing his hand and engaging him in a noble bow; when I left for the office this morning he howled at the door for a few minutes until Mr. Astor took him into his arms and hugged him. I now have the two most important beings in my life next to me--for a little while.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Mrs. Astor,
Was it just me or did Kiki have an extra spring in his step and wag in his tail yesterday? I think his return to Casa Astor is having a theraputic effect!

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww Kiki is adoreable, as usual

 

Post a Comment

<< Home