"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

KiKi's condition has made me sooo sad. I remember when he came out every Saturday with my Little Pal Johnny. They loved each other as much as I loved them.


There were the days when we had pool parties that KiKi RULED; no toe went unbit. We would talk until the wee hours about the poor dogs; we would howl. My baby is slipping away from me now; I don't know what to do. The only bright spot is that when he sees Leopoldo, he goes crazy. Well, who wouldn't? He is slipping into a well-guarded haze, with every detail of a great life emphasized by Ramon, Leopoldo, and myself. That guy has lived the good life.

6 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

18.5?!

Does that make him 129 and a half years old in people years?

It seems just yesterday we were celebrating your 129th birthday...

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Yes, Ed, we both just continue on and on. Shouldn't you be in bed at 4.05 AM?

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

4:05 your time is 1:05 my time sassy-pants.

I was perusing your blog between bleaching my nematodes and PCI extracting my DNA. So there.

Love.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

I've been at Stanford since the fall. I'm getting a PhD in genetics. I know. You're jealous.

Your "shouldn't you be in bed" comment reminded me of AAE:

Bill: And what will you have Eve?
Margot: A milkshake?

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

All About Ed. Ed, Ed, Ed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home