"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Shifting Sands of our Lives


God Lord, it was only a week ago that I was walking into the ocean because the only two creatures who had ever meant the time of day to me, KiKi and LPJ (Johnny) were gone. The Gods play tricks on all of us; some can't take those tricks and some fucking deal with them. Why? Because you are never going to win with The Gods; you just have to survive.

ON Monday, LPJ asked if he could come over. Like all of us, he was having personal problems and needed a friend. (How many times have I sort advise from him?) At the same time, Ramon (the "ex"from hell) asked if I wanted to take KiKi for the afternoon. So there--for one brief shining moment--I had the two men who mean every bloody thing to me. And here they were sitting on the side steps of The Palace. I don't think I was ever happier than at this moment. I love them both and have neither.

I still am. Click on the photo so see how beautiful they both are. DAMN!!!!!

10 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{The Gods play tricks on all of us; some can't take those tricks and some fucking deal with them. Why? Because you are never going to win with The Gods; you just have to survive.}}

Surviving, no, flourishing is the best revenge - and is as sweet as nectar :o)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

alexis, this post just made my daY, as I think it will make the one of all the people who love you and, like me, want to see you happy.

i love you.
I.I

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Mrs-
You are such a photographer. What artful framing, and I yes, I even noticed the ducth tilt. Was that intended to make it all the more sureal? Love.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

YAY I *LOVE* when Alexis is Happy!!!! I hope you are happy all the time! May all your days be filled with Kiki and LPJ! :)

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn shame that the lovelies are going through ruff times. I know of these tempests that twirl your hair into the most unflattering styles, causing everyone and their fucking uncle to notice. But with help and a good conditioner...this to shall pass.
Hugs to them and to the care giver :)
k

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger sinner said...

thirty four

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Guh!! So beautiful. That is all I can say. *hugs Mrs. Astor*

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

it's time you get that pooch back!

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! i just realized how short KiKi legs are. that is so fucking cute!!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Mr Man said...

I'm so glad to hear that Johnny has a dear friend like you to be there for him. I always wonder how he's doing down there.

At any rate, tell him that me and Nick (a mutual friend) said hey. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home